On the last day before Christmas, Turley Birmingham has reason to celebrate having secured consent for the tallest residential building in the city at 42 storeys, for Moda Living.
It tops off a great year that saw us obtain planning permission for:
over 2,500 residential units
250,000 sq m of industrial and office floorspace
92,000 sq m of higher education facilities
We are also promoting over 30,000 residential units across the West Midlands through local plans and imminent applications, of which 21,000 are in the constituent authorities of the WMCA and over 5,000 on brownfield sites in Birmingham.
The list of successful projects this year includes:
- Worcester Six for Stoford Properties
- new IM HQ at Fore Business Park, Solihull
- appeal win for Catesby Estates at Wilstead, Beds
- first phase of IM Properties’ Blythe Valley Park
- final phase of Pineham logistics park in Northampton for Prologis
- new University of Warwick Sports Hub
- final phase of Hallam Park, Lichfield for David Wilson Homes
- student residences for Vita Living at Pebble Mill, Edgbaston
- mixed use town centre scheme in West Byfleet for Altitude
- further phases of St Andrews Park in Uxbridge for St Modwen Homes
We continue to advise the Arden Cross Consortium on the major development opportunity at the HS2 Interchange, UKC; Argent on the next phases of Paradise in Birmingham, and Urban Splash on finally unlocking Icknield Port Loop which we started advising on in 2001.
We have welcomed new starters to the team this year – Jo Russell, Camilla Duckworth, Peter Hayward, Pamitta Mall, Charlotte Verity and Vicky Madden, and have further joiners due early in the New Year.
We said a temporary goodbye to those on maternity leave – Angela Reeve, Andrea Arnall and Rachel Hall – and celebrated the promotion of Diane Bowers, Rosie Cotterill and Charlotte Palmer.
2018 promises to be another very busy year.
Have a Turley Merry Christmas!